I’m nearly a week through my lent commitment to Bible study and prayer each and every single day. If you’ve been following my challenge, you’ll know that I’ve been doing so in order to reconnect with my faith, I’ll be honest, I’ve distanced a lot from it over the past couple of years, but right now, I’ve never felt closer to God. It’s beautiful and I feel so much more at peace with myself.
I know I originally committed to studying the Bible and sharing my thoughts here in order to reach out to others who perhaps were looking for some inspiration during this deeply spiritual time, however today I wanted to change things up a little bit…
I feel like God has found his way to me in more ways that one. I’ve come across many religious songs which I’ve found so beautiful and refreshing alongside my regular Bible study; I wanted to share them with you all. Just for reference, I was brought up Anglican but now adopt more of an Anglo – Catholic approach to worship. Reason why I thought I’d note this is because some of these songs would be ones not traditionally associated with the Anglican church as they have gospel undertones which is unusual to my usual mass songs (but still makes a refreshing change nonetheless) I’ve found these so comforting recently, too beautiful not to share.
- Blinded By Your Grace (pt 1) – Stormzy
- Finish Line (SNL Live Version) – Chance the Rapper
- Happy Gospel Remix – Adam & Kid
- Abide With Me – King’s College Choir, Cambridge
- The Lord is my Shepherd – The Vicar of Dibley Theme Song Version
- Pie Jesu – Andrew Lloyd Webber
- There Is A Green Hill Far Away – King’s College Cambridge
- Jerusalem the Golden – Far From The Madding Crowd Soundtrack
- Jerusalem – William Blake
If you fancy listening to some religious music, have a try of these. Let me know what you think, I’d be interested to know, I hope they give you some spiritual upliftment and encouragement on your own personal lent journey.
With love, Lottie.